Recruitment update: Certior Capital is looking for an ESG Specialist
Type: Permanent, full-time
Background sought: Graduate with several years of ESG related work experience
Working hours: 37,5 h/week
Location: Kluuvikatu 7, Helsinki
Desired start time: As soon as mutually agreed
Founded in 2011, Certior Capital is a pioneer in European private equity and private credit fund management supervised by the Finnish FSA. As well as our flagship private equity and private credit funds, Certior Capital provides tailored mandates to major European institutions and actively assists investors with proprietary research, events and training.
Certior Capital is now looking for an ESG Specialist to join the team based in central Helsinki. In this newly established and wide-ranging role, the successful candidate will be responsible for building up and leading the firm’s ESG activities across all of its business operations, including marketing, fund reporting and investing, in collaboration with the broader team and third-party service providers. Responsibilities could include, for example, replying to ESG questionnaires from investors, compiling our annual ESG report, corporate emissions monitoring, undertaking ESG risk analysis of potential investments, liaising with our fund reporting partners, sharing best practices with relevant industry groupings and leading our thinking on the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR).
While we are a small firm with <10 employees and <EUR 1bn AuM we are determined to show leadership in this area and have therefore decided to hire a fulltime dedicated resource to be the key point of contact within the firm and externally on all ESG matters.
From the applicant we require:
- Experience in ESG matters, typically at a consulting firm, investment manager or corporation
- Interest in private equity and private credit
- Relevant higher education (e.g. management, finance, sustainability)
- Analytical and research skills, a proactive approach to work and the enthusiasm to take full ownership over the range of our ESG activities
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written), Finnish would be an advantage
- The opportunity to make a real impact in a newly created role
- Challenging work across all units of our business
- Close-knit working environment in a highly skilled and experienced team
- Appropriate remuneration
- Opportunity for on-the-job learning and advancement
If you would like any additional information or you would like to apply for the role please send your CV and an application letter with the title “ESG Specialist Certior Capital” by 28.4. to: email@example.com. Please also mention your salary expectations.